Two early-morning tornadoes cause damage in Pinellas, Pasco counties
NEW PORT RICHEY —
Here’s what you need to know about this morning’s weather:
- BN9 Weather Experts confirm tornadoes touched down in Clearwater, Port Richey
- Damage reported in several neighborhoods in the area
- Power was knocked out in parts of Pasco and Pinellas counties
- No injuries reported
Our Weather Experts have confirmed that tornadoes touched down Thursday morning in Clearwater and Port Richey.
Three tornado warnings were issued in the hours between 5 to 7 a.m. in Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas counties.
The heavy rain and strong winds moved east at about 30 mph, swinging through southern Pasco and northern Pinellas and Hillsborough counties.
As a result of those storms, damage was reported in multiple neighborhoods, including heavy damage in Jasmine Estates in Pasco.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
Power was also knocked out in Pasco and Pinellas counties.
No injuries have been reported.
Klystron 9 detected one of the tornadoes as it moved through Clearwater Thursday morning. The images below were taken in “wind shear mode” and show the areas of high winds.
Form ore information on this story go to main source>